Saturday, September 25, 2010

Throughout middle school I was part of the Concert and Jazz Band. I loved playing the saxophone it was a new kind of release. But as I went into high school many people discouraged me from going back into band. I still regret till this day that I didn't. I was told academics would bring me success. I finished Chemistry, Math and Biology, but my mind kept wandering back to the time were I played my solos.

Cheers

Fear grows inside me
it rises up like I'm a monster
the lights blind me
I can't see the crowd
I hear the music begin to dim
begin to silence
for me
I'm screaming on the inside
it's hot everywhere
I feel like I'm inside a candle
the music drops to a whisper
I panic as I stand
I enter quick
nervous
Playing
the notes flow
Realize
this is the feeling
the feeling I love
but too soon
too soon it's over
Done
squinting through the crowd
the lights
I see faces
my parents
the lights blind me again
but I saw grins
Proud

No comments: