Saturday, September 25, 2010

English 116

So I remember in Grade 11 our teacher made us write poems everyday before class, so I decided to write my on the movie "Into The Wild" cause I watched it the night before and really enjoyed it. I didn't think it was the best poem, but by the next class the teacher had approached me and said she loved it. She also thought it was a poem about my brother and how he went on an adventure, but lets just keep to the fact that she liked it. So here's my poem from my Grade 11 mind..... Wild Christopher

Wild Christopher

You leave everything
love, family and anything familiar
You leave to find yourself
surviving
living
for months at a time
the ones you love believe you missing
closing yourself in
You need to discover
sleeping in the dirt
You smile
So happy to be close to the earth
name changes
meeting new smiling faces
who strangers could be so kind
But soon
You find your lonely
the familiar leaves that hugged you
are now black walls isolating
time passes
a year grows
You finally discover
the concept of happiness
that you need to share
now you will be happy
but time passed
Your too late
a great adventure was your life
but you've poisoned your body
a mistake to your mind
But you leave crying
Happy tears
good life Christopher
good life.

No comments: