Wednesday, December 1, 2010

You'll notice a lot of my writing is centered around family and friends. This is because I have always considered my friends my family and I have loss a lot of people. My grade 9 year I remember being called out of my french class (which I hated) I was told to get my stuff and head downstairs to wait for someone to pick me up. As soon as our family friends Angie and Colleen got out of a car my heart sank....I knew somethnig was wrong. Turns out my best friend in the entire world, my grandmother had passed away. We had our cousins visitng so it was hard not to cry. But in the end I was like a leaky faucet. Violet Storer passed away April 18th. Just at the start of grieving our whole family got rocked again. June Williams passed away April 20th. My dads closest brother and my favorite uncle. My Uncle June just had his 3rd child too. RJ was a clueless smiling baby on the 20th. Soon my parents realized I was talking it worse then my brothers and Oct. 24th 2007 I was granted with a life. Tobi was my first puppy, we had shared a family dog before, but Tobi was mine and he was something to take care of. Tobi Williams passed away Oct. 14 2009. He was a runt....and we found out he had respiratory issues. The night of the 14th his last breath escaped his little chest and he stopped breathing. I was heart broken, theres so many things I could have done better for him. He was spoiled, but I always go back to that it was really my fault. I'm still heart broken till this die, I cant think about him without crying. He was a dog yes, but as sad as it sounds he was like a child to me. Soon my graduating year rolled around 2010. I went to prom with my then boyfriend had ran across the stage with the biggest grin as my favorite teacher wished me good luck before I entered the stage. Makwala Hall passed away July 9th 2010. The only other first nation kid I had really became close with. He was like my brother and I loved him. I remember at Native Grad we stayed together the entire time. He use to be such a bad kid, and he had just gotten his life right and was on a perfect track to happiness. I was so proud of him at Native Grad. He was our Valedictorian and he sang for everyone like an angel. July 9th is when that hideous bull crushed my Makwala. He started bull riding to turn around his life. It makes me happy that he did turn it all around, but I hate that something he loved took him from the ones he loved. The summer was rough and it got even harder....my family started to die. Coming home from dinner with my parents and finding a message on our answering machine. Johnny Smith a man that knew me since my legs were nimble. He use to sing for me when I danced traditionally for First Nation Dancing. The message was of another relative that was too scared to tell us. Johnny passed away 5 days before that message arrived. We missed his funeral, but sent our love with Johnny as he left into the sky. Just recently we came home again and once again another messaged awaited. My grandfather had died. We never knew the day and my parents didn't think I could take anymore so they listenened to the message and erased it. But I'll always know someone else has left us.
Violet
June
Tobi
Makwala
Johnny
In four years I have lost you all, in four years I have loved you
These are the reasons why so much of my writing is centered around family

No comments: